TeenMag: ON TOUR WITH TOKIO HOTEL

X si alguién se perdió algo:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DAY 1

Tokio Hotel Sends a Video Message to Teenmag Readers

Tokio Hotel videotaped this exclusive message JUST for you - the teenmag.com fans! Check it out!









DAY 2

TH answers YOUR questions!

A few weeks ago on teenmag, we asked you to send us questions you wanted to band to answer. We got thousands and, here is the first batch of queries submitted by fans like you - along with their answers!

1. How did you get in to music? (Lysa Thompson, Sioux Falls, SD)
Bill: We all started really early. Tom and I started when we were about seven. Back then it was only the two of us. Tom got into playing the guitar because of our step dad and I really wanted to sing – I was always too lazy to learn an instrument :-). We started writing our own songs and performed wherever we could – at weddings, birthday parties and little clubs.


Gustav: I started playing the drums when I was about five. I always used to drum with my fingers on everything that came along :-) - so my parents decided to give it a real try and got me lessons.
Georg: I was in high school when my friends decided to start a band. They where looking for a bass player and I thought “That’s pretty cool, I can do that”…so that’s how I started.

2. You've just been nominated for Best Pop Video at the MTV VMA's. How does it feel to be gaining so much success here in the U.S.? (Alison Luedke, Oswego, IL)
Bill: Oh my god, it is sooooo amazing and we’re all so excited. This is something we didn’t dare to dream of!
Tom: We all freaked out when we received the great news. Our fans are really amazing and we can’t believe that they made this happen for us.

3. Why did you pick Tokio Hotel to be your new band name? (Anita Morales, Rockwall, TX)
Tom: That happened a few years ago. We decided to look for a new band name when we started to work in the studio – so it must’ve been at least five years ago. That was a really new beginning for us and we wanted to start with a name that really fit us.

4. Bill, what is your favorite song that you wrote? (Alexis Snyder, Saxton, PA)
Bill: That’s really hard and I can’t actually pick one ‘cause every song has a special meaning to me and is personal. But if I had to I probably would choose “Live Every Second” - that’s one of the first songs I wrote. I was eight or nine back then.

5. Were the four of you always interested in music? (Saadya Philyor, Saint Petersburg, FL)
Bill: Yes, music has always been what we all wanted to do. We put all our time and energy in music. During the week we went to school and on the weekends we played wherever we could. What we are doing today is all we ever wanted. And I can’t even imagine what I would have become besides a singer.
Tom: Hmmm, if I wasn’t a musician I would probably work at the playboy mansion as Hugh Hefner’s personal assistant. (lol) Georg would work as construction worker and do a lot of body building in his free time and Gustav would be a trucker!

6. Tom: Is it true that you still have your teddy bear? (Jen Ii, Sandefjord, int, NO)
Tom: You must be talking about Georg. He has his one with him all the time. And guess what name he gave him?? Tom!!!


Georg: Ohhhhhh sure….

7. What do you like to do during your free time?? (Anetia Jones, Norfolk, VA)
Bill: Sleep! We sleep in as long as possible.
Tom: If nobody wakes me up I sleep ‘till the afternoon.
Georg: Yeah, sleeping, eating, sleeping again, watching DVDs and going to bed
Bill: Gustav is a little different – he’s really an early bird.
Gustav: Yes, I wake up quiet early and then I like to meet friends, ride my bike, do all kinds of sports and spend time with my family.

8. Did any of you guys have imaginary friends when you were younger and if so, what were their names? (Kendall Green-Grouse, Halifax, NS, CA)
All (laughing): NO!
Tom (laughing): Well, to tell you a secret: Georg has some imaginary friends and they might be his only ones besides us…

9. Where do you see yourself in ten years? (Kim Leblanc, St-Paul de Joliette, QC, CA)
Bill: Hopefully on stage!


All: Yes!

Bill: We really want to do this as long as possible – till we’re old and gray :-)


10. Which part of the world that have you visited have you liked the most? (Crissy Stubbs, Douglas, GA)
Bill: Ohhh, that’s a hard one…! Each and every single country has it’s own nice and special qualities, they are all very different and hard to compare!
Tom: In Russia there are the best parties.
Georg: We all love Italian food – so Italy is great as well.
Gustav: Yeah, and the French have such a sweet accent “Guestaw”…


Bill: We also love America! The food, N.Y. , L.A., the weather is so great, and as we are traveling through the middle of the country now we are learning that there are lots of amazing places to discover, it’s just awesome!
Tom: I have to say, there are hot girls everywhere, I wanna meet them all! But we are always happy to come home once in a while to be with our families and friends, that is so important!

DAY 3

Read Bill's Blog - Exclusive for Teenmag!

Hi guys it’s Bill!
It’s been a pretty busy summer since our last stay here in the U.S.! We performed at tons of festivals all over Europe but now we are back in the States and the first thing I have to say is: THANK YOU so much for all your support these last few days. Being nominated at the MTV VMAs was really unbelievable for us! Your votes made this happen and we’re totally blown away – it’s sooo exciting!

But let’s have a look at what has happened so far in America: We had a great start in NYC where we spent most of our first week at MTV's TRL, which was pretty cool.

Then, on Thursday night we had the kick off gig for our American concert run in New Jersey. The whole concert was wicked and we had an awesome time with all the fans!

After the New Jersey show we boarded our tour bus to head to Montreal, Canada where we performed at a festival and then it was already time to come back to the U.S.!

Actually, right now we are on our way to Cleveland and we’ll be spending all of August touring in the States so make sure to check our concert dates. We hope to see all of you guys at one of our shows!

Oh, the other three guys just told me to say “Hi” from them! Take care and hope to see you soon!

Bill


DAY 4
Georg talks to Teenmag! Little Known Facts About: Georg

Name: Georg
Age: 21
Sign: Aries
Date of Birth: March 31, 1987
Birthplace: Halle, Germany
What’s the first thing I do every morning? Brush my teeth.
Favorite dish: Anything that includes chicken!
Must-Visit Website: I love our YouTube channel – www.YouTube.com/TokioHotel
About my tattoos: I don’t have one yet but I have been thinking about getting one for ages…
Junk food I love: Hot Dogs
When I try to eat healthy I pick: Rice
My childhood celebrity crush was: I always had a crush on Tom…okay, you know I’m kidding ;-)
Recently I was surprised by: Our nominations for the MTV Video Music Awards 2008 – totally wicked!!!
The cereals in my cupboard are: Fruit Cereal
Heaven on earth is: Just being at home.
For dinner I like to make: Pasta – pretty much all the time :-)
My coolest article of clothing: My brown leather jacket.
When friends come over we: …go out for dinner.
Before I die I want to: …say “Goodbye” to my family & friends.
When I’m on tour I have to have: …my Scrubs DVD collection with me.
People would be surprised that I am: …actually a pretty nice guy ;-)
If someone gave me a million bucks tomorrow I'd: …take my friends and family on vacation until we blew all the money!


DAY 5

Bill talks to Teenmag! Little Known Facts About: Bill

Name: Bill
Age: 18
Sign: Virgo
Date of Birth: September 1, 1989
Birthplace: Leipzig, Germany
What’s the first thing I do every morning? Take a shower.
Favorite dish: Pasta!
Must-Visit Website: I don’t have one in particular but check out www.Tokiohotel-US.com ;-)
Favorite TV Show these days: Scrubs.
About my tattoos: I have three. The first one is on the back of my neck and it shows the Tokio Hotel logo. The next one is a star which I designed myself and I have it tattooed in my lower stomach area. The last one is on my left arm and it says “Freiheit 89”. The word “Freiheit” is German and in English it means “Freedom”. I basically got this tattoo because freedom has always been the most important thing to me. The number 89 is included because that’s the year I was born. This last tattoo I got on my 18th birthday which is a very special one in Germany – when you turn 18 you are officially an adult so you can do whatever you like…..you’re finally free!
Junk food I love: Pizza.
When I try to eat healthy I pick: Salad.
My childhood celebrity crush was: Nena (German singer).
Recently I was surprised by: Our performance in New Jersey.
The cereal in my cupboard: Corn Flakes.
Heaven on earth is: A deserted island.
For dinner I like to make: Noodles with ketchup, cream & mustard.
My coolest article of clothing: The jacket I designed for our European tour.
When friends come over we: Watch DVDs.
Before I die I want to: Play the biggest show ever!
When I’m on tour I have to have: My 10 suitcases!
People would be surprised that I am: Such a family guy.
If someone gave me a million bucks tomorrow I'd: Go on a REALLY long vacation!

DAY 6
Tom talks to Teenmag!
Little Known Facts About: Tom

Name: Tom
Age: 18
Sign: Virgo
Date of Birth: September 1, 1989
Birthplace: Leipzig, Germany
What’s the first thing I do every morning? Ask myself: oh, who’s that nice girl next to me ;)
Favorite dish: Pasta, Pasta & Pasta!
Must-Visit Website: There is none in particular for me – I just randomly surf the web.
Must-Watch TV Show: Scrubs – most hilarious show ever!
About my tattoos: Don’t have any – it’s up to Bill & Gustav to deal with that!
Junk food I love: Pizza
When I try to eat healthy: I go for vegetable sushi and sliced fruit….water melon and pineapple are awesome!
My childhood celebrity crush was: I used to watch Baywatch and had an eye on Pamela in her red swimsuit!
Recently I was surprised by: When Georg said: “No we can’t go to the airport directly, we have to stop at the hotel first since I want to take a shower ;-)”
The cereals in my cupboard are: Cornpops!
Heaven on earth is: A day off.
For dinner I like to make: Depends on who is with me. If it’s a date I prefer a fancy candlelight dinner but if I’m hanging out with Bill I would order some Pizza and say “look what I just made for you”!
My coolest article of clothing: My caps.
When friends come over we: Have tons of stuff to talk about! We also like going clubbing or just hanging out like everyone else!
Before I die I want to: Have an intense and intelligent conversation with Jessica Alba!
When I’m on tour I have to have: Our fans in front of the stage.
People would be surprised that I: Love to take care of my family!
If someone gave me a million bucks tomorrow I'd: Probably not be a more happy person than I am right now! Money isn’t everything in life!!

DAY 7

Gustav talks to Teenmag!
Little Known Facts About: Gustav

Name: Gustav
Age: 19
Sign: Virgo
Date of Birth: September8, 1988
Birthplace: Magdeburg, Germany
What’s the first thing I do every morning? Have breakfast!
Favorite dish: Ribs with boiled potatoes plus carrots & peas on the side!
About my tattoos: I’ve have tattoos in two spots - first one is on my upper back. It shows two wings and in between them there is a sword and a laurel twig that cross. My second tattoo is a shooting star, which I have on my right arm.
Junk food I love: Cheeseburgers.
When I try to eat healthy: Bananas.
My childhood celebrity crush was: Carmen Electra.
Recently I was surprised by: The way my destiny worked out!
The cereals in my cupboard are: I don't eat cereal at all.
Heaven on earth is: My family.
For dinner I like to make: Potato casserole.
My coolest article of clothing: My Air Max Nikes.
When friends come over we: Watch movies.
Before I die I want to: Have climbed Mt. Everest.
When I’m on tour I have to have: My laptop and mobile phones with me.
If someone gave me a million bucks tomorrow I'd: Buy a beautiful house for my family and myself!

DAY 8

Tom's Tour Blog!

Welcome everyone to “Tom’s blog”!

Yes, we are finally back on tour! We are travelling from city to city on our bus, meeting so many of our awesome fans and have had some wicked shows so far. Since it’s our first real tour in the States and Canada there has seriously been a lot in store for us. So far we visited New York, New Jersey, Montreal and Cleveland. Let me tell you, each of the shows we played so far has been really special in it’s own way. And we are sooo excited to be nominated at the MTV VMAs for “Best Pop Video” and “Best New Artist” thanks to all our fans!

The kick off for our concert run in New Jersey went surprisingly well, which worries me a little. Usually during the first show something goes wrong but this time everything was so smooth! Well, obviously Georg missed some notes but that happens all the time (lol!).

On our way to Montreal it looked like our smooth run would come to an end...we had to wait at the Canadian border for ages since there was a Greyhound bus ahead of us and the officers searched every little bit of it – they even checked all the clothes the people brought with them in their suitcases. Luckily when it was our turn, the officers took it easy – they let us pass without taking our bus apart. Security checks and border controls are definitely not my thing… I just don’t have the very best experience with them!

In Montreal (to be precise, in Saint-Jean-Sur-Richelieu) we performed at an awesome festival with about twenty thousand people. The weather was great and throughout the whole day all kinds of different hot-air balloons rose to the sky. The coolest one of them looked like the head of Darth Vader and I would have loved to be on board that one! But we stayed on the ground and performed a show, which was great – all the fans sang along to each of the songs with us…just amazing!

After the show we had a quick stopover at the hotel where we took a shower (yes, Georg did too) and then it was time to get on the tour bus to travel overnight to Cleveland. On the bus we played video games. We played a guitar playing challenge and obviously I beat all the other guys – what a surprise!

After that I went to sleep and woke up the next day in Cleveland where it was really sunny…at least in the morning. Pretty much the rest of the day it rained so we spent most of the day (it was an off day) watching DVDs. Gustav also had a little excursion to Lake Erie and when he came back he was soaking wet - not because he jumped in the lake but because it started to rain so hard!

Let me tell you guys, it’s pretty exciting to be on tour in North America – so many new things to explore. It’s great to be here and I’m looking forward to seeing YOU at one of the concerts soon.

Thanks for all your support at all the concerts so far and also at the MTV VMAs where you all made it possible for us to be nominated TWICE....that’s just unbelievable. Please keep on voting for us as “Best New Artist”
Take care!
Tom


DAY 9

Win signed TH merchandise!

Want some super-cool tour merchandise that's been signed by the band? Well, we just happen to have some!
Just click
HERE to enter to win!

DAY 10

Bill's Tour Blog - Part 2

Hi everyone!
Today we had a day off in Chicago and it was gorgeous. But let’s start from the beginning – at the Detroit show and the Oakland signing session at Hot Topic. Well, the show in Detroit was awesome since the venue there was really beautiful and the fans were just incredible…we couldn’t ask for anything better!

the day after the show we departed on our tour bus for Oakland where we met our fans in one of the Hot Topic stores in a mall. The employees at the store were at least as astounded as we at how many fans came out to the signing – it was huge!

To me these signing sessions are always something very special because we get to meet the fans face-to-face and hear so many of their stories, they tell us what moves them and also share their feelings. This is truly inspirational and I get so many ideas for our new songs from that – thanks so much for all of that!

after the in-store we headed towards Chicago. Georg and Tom talked pretty much the whole way about the fans…like who was the sweetest girl or whose number they’d love to have – such dreamers they are sometimes! A highlight on the drive to Chicago was a stop at one of the supermarkets! The bus dropped us right in front of the entrance and I have to tell you: I love these gigantic supermarkets – they just have everything you want, including my favourite sweets, all the fruit you can dream of and even birdhouses – seriously, they carry birdhouses… crazy! On top of that they didn’t even have a cashier – all I bought I had to scan myself at a station where I also had to pay…but you’ll get all the inside scoop about this little supermarket adventure on Tokio Hotel TV soon!

Shortly thereafter we finally arrived in Chicago where we had a day off! As usual we slept in really late but I also wanted to explore the city, which is why we got up particularly early - at 3pm. Gustav had already gone out long before and Georg refused to get up so I had to bug Tom until he finally said he would join me to check out the city! Downtown Chicago was gorgeous – the sun was shining and it had this summer flair that put everyone in a great mood! Chicago as a city seems just perfect – it was a mix of these huge buildings like you see in NYC and the summer flair you experience in L.A., which is basically a perfect mix! Tom and I grabbed a coffee and pretty much explored the city for the rest of the day – Tom was like a tourist the whole time since he took pictures of everything. At the end of the day we visited a cool restaurant on the beach and enjoyed the sunset while having dinner…absolutely WICKED day!!!

That's it for now…
Take care,
Bill


Tom's Tour Blog - Part 2

After the show we had a quick stopover at the hotel where we took a shower (yes, Georg did too) and then it was time to get on the tour bus to travel overnight to Cleveland. On the bus we played video games. We played a guitar playing challenge and obviously I beat all the other guys – what a surprise!

After that I went to sleep and woke up the next day in Cleveland where it was really sunny…at least in the morning. Pretty much the rest of the day it rained so we spent most of the day (it was an off day) watching DVDs. Gustav also had a little excursion to Lake Erie and when he came back he was soaking wet - not because he jumped in the lake but because it started to rain so hard!

Let me tell you guys, it’s pretty exciting to be on tour in North America – so many new things to explore. It’s great to be here and I’m looking forward to seeing YOU at one of the concerts soon.

Thanks for all your support at all the concerts so far and also at the MTV VMAs where you all made it possible for us to be nominated TWICE....that’s just unbelievable. Please keep on voting for us as “Best New Artist”
Take care!
Tom

 
Tokio Hotel Costa Rica Diseñado por Eli Sancho ("Elibill") ▪ 2008 - 2019 | Fan Club Oficial Centroamérica y Costa Rica
Ir Arriba